A set of center distances and latent correlations for items and facets of the DSSEI, completed by 2272 german speaking participants using the german version of the questionnaire.
An object of class
list of length 2.
__ Social Competence (So) __
1. I usually feel as if I have handled myself well at social gatherings.
5. I feel secure in social situations.
9. I feel confident of my social behaviour.
13. I am often troubled with shyness. (R)
17. At social gatherings I am often withdrawn, not at all outgoing. (R)
__ Task-Related Abilities (Ab) __
2. I feel as if I lack the necessary skills to really succeed at the work I do. (R)
6. I am able to do things as well as most other people.
10. I usually expect to succeed at the things I do.
14. I almost always accomplish the goals I set for myself.
18. In general, I feel confident about my abilities.
__ Physical Appeal (Ph) __
3. I feel that others would consider me to be attractive.
7. I'm not as nice looking as most people. (R)
11. I feel confident that my physical appearance is appealing to others.
15. I am satisfied with the way I look.
19. I feel unattractive compared to most people my age. (R)
__ Public Presentation (Pb) __
4. When I speak in a large group discussion, I usually feel sure of myself.
8. I enjoy being in front of large audiences.
12. I feel quite confident when speaking before a group of my peers.
16. I find it very hard to talk in front of a group. (R)
20. When I talk in front of a group of people my own age, I am usually somewhat worried or afraid. (R)
(Hoyle, R. H. (1991). Evaluating measurement models in clinical research: Covariance structure analysis of latent variable models of self-conception. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 59(1), 67.)
Dantlgraber, M., Stieger, S., & Reips, U.-D. (in revision). Introducing Item Pool Visualization (IPV)
Add the following code to your website.
For more information on customizing the embed code, read Embedding Snippets.