BioFTF: Biodiversity Assessment Using Functional Tools
The main drawback of the most common biodiversity indices is that different measures may lead to different rankings among communities. This instrument overcomes this limit using some functional tools with the diversity profiles. In particular, the derivatives, the curvature, the radius of curvature, the arc length, and the surface area are proposed. The goal of this method is to interpret in detail the diversity profiles and obtain an ordering between different ecological communities on the basis of diversity. In contrast to the typical indices of diversity, the proposed method is able to capture the multidimensional aspect of biodiversity, because it takes into account both the evenness and the richness of the species present in an ecological community.
- Fabrizio Maturo [aut, cre], Francesca Fortuna [aut], Tonio Di Battista [aut]
- Date of publication
- 2016-09-26 23:45:40
- Fabrizio Maturo <email@example.com>
- GPL (>= 2)
- Apply the whole analysis to the dataset.
- Compute the arc length of beta profile for each community.
- Compute the area under the beta profile for each community.
- Compute the values of beta profile for each community in...
- Plot the beta profile for each community.
- Compute the values of the first derivative of beta profile...
- Plot the first derivative of the beta profile for each...
- Compute the values of the second derivative of beta profile...
- Plot the second derivative of the beta profile for each...
- Compute the values of the curvature of the beta profile...
- Plot the curvature of the beta profiles for each community.
- Create a matrix with the relative frequencies for each...
- Export the figures of beta profiles, derivatives, radius of...
- Compute the values for the radius of curvature of the beta...
- Plot the radius of curvature of the beta profiles for each...
- Compute the communities ranking according to the biodiversity...
- Create a species summary for each community. Based on the...
Files in this package