- UsingR: Data Sets, Etc. for the Text "Using R for Introductory Statistics", Second Edition
- normtemp: Body temperature and heart rate of 130 health individuals
Body temperature and heart rate of 130 health individuals
A data set used to investigate the claim that “normal” temperature is 98.6 degrees.
A data frame with 130 observations on the following 3 variables.
normal body temperature
Gender 1 = male, 2 = female
Resting heart rate
Is normal body temperature 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit? This dataset was constructed to match data presented in an are article intending to establish the true value of “normal” body temperature.
This data set was contributed by Allen L. Shoemaker to the Journal of Statistics Education, http://www.amstat.org/publications/jse/datasets/normtemp.txt.
Data set is simulated from values contained in Mackowiak, P. A., Wasserman, S. S., and Levine, M. M. (1992), "A Critical Appraisal of 98.6 Degrees F, the Upper Limit of the Normal Body Temperature, and Other Legacies of Carl Reinhold August Wunderlich," Journal of the American Medical Association, 268, 1578-1580.
1 2 3 4
Want to suggest features or report bugs for rdrr.io? Use the GitHub issue tracker.
- age.universe: Best estimate of the age of the universe
- aid: monthly payment for federal program
- alaska.pipeline: Comparison of in-field and laboratory measurement of defects
- alltime.movies: Top movies of all time
- answers: Answers to selected problems
- aosat: Artic Oscillation data based on SAT data
- arctic.oscillations: Measurement of sea-level pressure at the arctic
- babies: Mothers and their babies data
- babyboom: Babyboom: data for 44 babies born in one 24-hour period.
- batting: Batting statistics for 2002 baseball season
- baycheck: Population estimate of type of Bay Checkerspot butterfly
- best.times: Best track and field times by age and distance
- blood: blood pressure readings
- breakdown: Time of insulating fluid to breakdown
- brightness: Brightness of 966 stars
- bright.stars: List of bright stars with Hipparcos catalog number
- bumpers: Bumper repair costs for various automobiles
- BushApproval: U.S. President George Bush approval ratings
- bycatch: Number of Albatrosses accidentaly caught during a fishing...
- cabinet: Estimated tax savings for US President Bush's cabinet
- camp: Mount Campito Yearly Treering Data, -3435-1969.
- cancer: cancer survival times
- carbon: Carbon Monoxide levels at different sites
- carsafety: Fatality information in U.S. for several popular cars
- central.park: Weather in Central Park NY in May 2003
- central.park.cloud: Type of day in Central Park, NY May 2003
- ceo2013: CEO compensation in 2013
- cfb: Bootstrap sample from the Survey of Consumer Finances
- chicken: weight gain of chickens fed 3 different rations
- chips: Measurements of chip wafers
- co2emiss: Carbon Dioxide Emissions from the U.S.A. from fossil fuel
- coins: The coins in my change bin
- coldvermont: Daily minimum temperature in Woodstock Vermont
- confint.htest: Produce confidence interval for objects of class 'htest'
- corn: Comparison of corn for new and standard variety
- crime: violent crime rates in 50 states of US
- deflection: Deflection under load
- demos: Provide menu for possible shiny demonstrations
- DensityPlot: Plots densities of data
- diamond: Price by size for diamond rings
- divorce: Time until divorce for divorced women (by age)
- DOTplot: Make big DOT plot likestripchart
- dottodot: Dot-to-dot puzzle
- dowdata: The Dow Jones average from Jan 1999 to October 2000
- dvdsales: Monthly DVD player sales since introduction to May 2004
- emissions: CO2 emissions data and gross domestic product for 26...
- errata: Show errata
- ewr: Taxi in and taxi out times at EWR (Newark) airport for...
- exec.pay: Direct compensation for 199 United States CEOs in the year...
- fat: Body measurements to predict percentage of body fat in males
- father.son: Pearson's data set on heights of fathers and their sons
- female.inc: Income distribution for females in 2001
- firstchi: Age of mother at birth of first child
- five.yr.temperature: Five years of weather in New York City
- florida: County-by-county results of year 2000 US presidential...
- galileo: Galileo data on falling bodies
- galton: Galton's height data for parents and children
- gap: Sales data for the Gap
- gasprices: Monthly average gasoline prices in the United States
- getAnswer: function to get answer to problem
- goalspergame: Goals per game in NHL
- google: Google stock values during 2005-02-07 to 2005-07-07
- grades: Current and previous grades
- grip: Effects of cross-country ski-pole grip
- hall.fame: Data frame containing baseball statistics including Hall of...
- headtail: Show head and tail
- healthy: Healthy or not?
- heartrate: Simulated data of age vs. max heart rate
- home: Maplewood NJ homedata
- homedata: Maplewood NJ assessed values for years 1970 and 2000
- homeprice: Sale price of homes in New Jersey in the year 2001
- homework: Homework averages for Private and Public schools
- HUMMER: Deliveries of new HUMMER vehicles
- income_percentiles: Top percentiles of U.S. income
- iq: IQ scores
- kid.weights: Weight and height measurement for a sample of U.S. children
- KSI: Data set on automobile deaths and injuries in Great Britain
- last.tie: Last tie in 100 coin tosses
- lawsuits: Law suit settlements
- lorem: Placeholder text
- malpract: malpractice settlements
- mandms: Proportions of colors in various M and M's varieties
- math: Standardized math scores
- maydow: Dow Jones industrial average and May maximum temperature
- Medicare: Sample from "Medicare Provider Charge Data"
- midsize: Price of new and used of three mid-sized cars
- MLBattend: Major league baseball attendance data
- movie_data_2011: Movie data for 2011 by weekend
- movies: Data frome on top 25 movies for some week, many weeks ago
- mw.ages: Age distribution in year 2000 in Maplewood New Jersey
- nba.draft: NBA draft lottery odds for 2002
- nisdc: NISCD
- normtemp: Body temperature and heart rate of 130 health individuals
- npdb: National Practioner Data Bank
- nym.2002: Random sample of 2002 New York City Marathon finishers
- ObamaApproval: Approval ratings for President Obama
- OBP: On base percentage for 2002 major league baseball season
- oral.lesion: Oral lesion location by town
- ozonemonthly: Monthly mean ozone values at Halley Bay Antartica
- paradise: Annual snowfall at Paradise Ranger Station, Mount Ranier
- pi2000: first 2000 digits of pi
- primes: Primes numbers less than 2003
- puerto: Incomes for Puerto Rican immigrants to Miami
- QQplot: Creates a qqplot with shaded density estimate
- rat: Survival times of 20 rats exposed to radiation
- reaction.time: Reaction time with cell phone usage
- reddrum: Growth of red drum
- salmonharvest: Salmon harvest in Alaska from 1980 to 1998
- salmon.rate: Simulated Data on Rate of Recruitment for Salmon
- samhda: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Data for teens
- SAT: SAT data with expenditures
- scatter.with.hist: Scatterplot with histograms
- scrabble: Distribution of Scrabble pieces
- simple.chutes: simulate a chutes and ladder game
- simple.densityplot: Plots densities of data
- simple.eda: Simple function to plot histogram, boxplot and normal plot
- simple.eda.ts: Makes 3 useful graphs for eda of times series
- simple.fancy.stripchart: Makes a fancier strip chart: plots means and a line
- simple.freqpoly: Simply plot histogram and frequency polygon
- simple.hist.and.boxplot: A function to plot both a histogram and a boxplot
- simple.lag: applies function to moving subsets of a data vector
- simple.lm: Simplify usage of lm
- simple.median.test: Do simple sign test for median - no ranks
- simple.scatterplot: Simple scatter plot of x versus y with histograms of each
- simple.sim: Simplify the process of simulation
- simple.violinplot: Plots violinplots instead of boxplots
- simple.z.test: Implement basic z-test for illustrative purposes
- skateranks: Judges scores for disputed ice skating competition
- slc: Sodium-Lithium countertransport
- smokyph: Water pH levels at 75 water samples in the Great Smoky...
- snacks: Snack data from the USDA
- south: Murder rates for 30 Southern US cities
- southernosc: Southern Oscillations
- sp500.excess: Excess returns of S&P 500
- Split.zoo: Add split method for zoo objects
- squareplot: Create a squareplot alternative to a segmented barplot
- student.expenses: Some simulated data on student expenses
- stud.recs: Student records
- superbarplot: super segmented barplot
- tastesgreat: Does new goo taste great?
- tcm1y: One-year treasury security values
- tempsalinity: Temperature/Salinity measurements along a moving Eddy
- too.young: What age is too young for a male to data a female?
- twins: Burt's IQ data for twins
- u2: Song and lengths for U2 albums
- urchin.growth: Data on growth of sea urchins
- vacation: vacation days
- violinplot: Plots violinplots instead of boxplots
- watertemp: Temperature measurement of water at 85m depth
- wchomes: A random sample of Wake County, North Carolina residential...
- wellbeing: What makes us happy?
- yahoo.get.hist.quote: Download stock data from Yahoo!
- yellowfin: Yellow fin tuna catch rate in Tropical Indian Ocean