galts: Genetic algorithms and C-steps based LTS (Least Trimmed Squares) estimation
This package includes the ga.lts function that estimates LTS (Least Trimmed Squares) parameters using genetic algorithms and C-steps. ga.lts() constructs a genetic algorithm to form a basic subset and iterates C-steps as defined in Rousseeuw and van-Driessen (2006) to calculate the cost value of the LTS criterion. OLS(Ordinary Least Squares) regression is known to be sensitive to outliers. A single outlying observation can change the values of estimated parameters. LTS is a resistant estimator even the number of outliers is up to half of the data. This package is for estimating the LTS parameters with lower bias and variance in a reasonable time. Version 1.3 included the function medmad for fast outlier detection in linear regression.
- Mehmet Hakan Satman
- Date of publication
- 2013-02-07 09:27:39
- Mehmet Hakan Satman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Function for estimating the LTS (Least Trimmed Squares)...
- Genetic algorithms and C-steps based LTS (Least Trimmed...
- Function for detecting regression outliers
- Function for robust covariance matrix estimation.
Files in this package