gwfa: Geographically Weighted Fractal Analysis
Performs Geographically Weighted Fractal Analysis (GWFA) to calculate the local fractal dimension of a set of points. GWFA mixes the Sandbox multifractal algorithm and the Geographically Weighted Regression. Unlike fractal box-counting algorithm, the sandbox algorithm avoids border effects because the boxes are adjusted on the set of points. The Geographically Weighted approach consists in applying a kernel that describes the way the neighbourhood of each estimated point is taken into account to estimate its fractal dimension. GWFA can be used to discriminate built patterns of a city, a region, or a whole country.
- Francois Semecurbe, Stephane G. Roux, and Cecile Tannier
- Date of publication
- 2016-11-17 08:27:38
- Francois Semecurbe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPL (>= 2)
- Grid class
- Transforms Grid Object into SpatialPolygonsDataFrame
- Centroids of buildings of Guadeloupe (French Island in...
- Geographically Weighted Fractal Analysis
- Centroids of buildings of Marie-Galante (French Island in...
Files in this package