productivity: Indices of Productivity Using Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)
Various transitive measures of productivity and profitability, in levels and changes, are computed. In addition to the classic Malmquist productivity index, the 'productivity' package contains also the multiplicatively complete and transitive Färe-Primont and Lowe indices. These indices are also decomposed into different components providing insightful information on the sources of productivity and profitability improvements. In the use of Malmquist productivity index, the technological change index is further decomposed into bias technological change components. For the transitive Färe-Primont and Lowe measures, it is possible to rule out technological change. The package also allows to prohibit negative technological change. All the estimations are based on the nonparametric Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and several assumptions regarding returns to scale are available (i.e. CRS, VRS, NIRS, NDRS). The package allows parallel computing by default, depending on the user's computer configuration.
- K Hervé Dakpo [aut], Yann Desjeux [aut, cre], Laure Latruffe [aut]
- Date of publication
- 2016-11-14 11:32:48
- Yann Desjeux <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fare-Primont productivity and profitability indices and...
- Lowe productivity and profitability indices and components
- Malmquist productivity indices and components
- Price indices and implicit quantities of USA farm outputs and...
Files in this package