rNOMADS: An Interface to the NOAA Operational Model Archive and Distribution System
An interface to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Operational Model Archive and Distribution System (NOMADS) that allows R users to quickly and efficiently download global and regional weather model data for processing. rNOMADS currently supports a variety of models ranging from global weather data to an altitude of 40 km, to high resolution regional weather models, to wave and sea ice models. It can also retrieve archived NOMADS models. rNOMADS can retrieve binary data in grib format as well as import ascii data directly into R by interfacing with the GrADS-DODS system.
- Daniel C. Bowman [aut, cre]
- Date of publication
- 2016-05-18 06:53:06
- Daniel C. Bowman <email@example.com>
- GPL (>= 3)
- Download archived model data from the NOMADS server.
- Get model data at a specific point.
- Check to see if archived data exists.
- Get Available Model Runs
- Download model data from the NOMADS server using the...
- Get the forecast time closest to a given date for a given...
- Find available model run dates for data on the GrADS - DODS...
- Get model coverage and data information for models on...
- Find available model runs on the GrADS - DODS system.
- Download grib file from the NOMADS server.
- Get grib file inventory.
- Extracts links from web pages
- Convert zonal-meridional wind speeds to magnitude/azimuth.
- Transform model data into an array
- Archived models available for download through rNOMADS
- Models available for download through rNOMADS
- Extract predictions, levels, and variables
- Plot wind speed and direction
- Extract data from grib file
- An interface to the NOAA Operational Model Archive and...
- Remove illegal URL characters
- Subset model data output
- Get web pages
Files in this package