RStorm: Simulate and Develop Streaming Processing in [R]
While streaming processing provides opportunities to deal with extremely large and ever growing data sets in (near) real time, the development of streaming algorithms for complex models is often cumbersome: the software packages that facilitate streaming processing in production environments do not provide statisticians with the simulation, estimation, and plotting tools they are used to. Developers of streaming algorithms would thus benefit from the flexibility of [R] to create, plot and compute data while developing streaming algorithms. Package RStorm implements a streaming architecture modeled on Storm for easy development and testing of streaming algorithms in [R]. RStorm is not intended as a production package, but rather a development tool for streaming algorithms.
- Maurits Kaptein
- Date of publication
- 2013-08-28 12:25:31
- Maurits Kaptein <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Function to add a 'Bolt' to a 'Topology' object to specify a...
- Function to add a finalize function to a 'Topology'
- Function to create a 'Bolt' object to add to a stream
- Function to change the Spout of a Topology
- Function to emit a 'Tuple' along the stream. The emitted data...
- Function to retrieve objects stored locally during the...
- Function to retrieve a list of locally stored object...
- Function to retrieve the names of locally stored objects in...
- Function to retrieve objects stored using the 'SetTrack'...
- Function to retrieve the names of all tracked objects using...
- Environment used by RStorm for internal storage of objects.
- Main function to run a stream.
- Simulate a Streaming Process in [R]
- Sentences of the first section of the paper by Student...
- Function to store a 'data.frame' during a stream.
- Function to display the name of the finalize function.
- Function to create a topology
- Function to store the value of some object in the stream over...
- Function to create an object of type 'Tuple' to emit down a...
Files in this package