Synth: Synthetic Control Group Method for Comparative Case Studies
Implements the synthetic control group method for comparative case studies as described in Abadie and Gardeazabal (2003) and Abadie, Diamond, and Hainmueller (2010, 2011, 2014). The synthetic control method allows for effect estimation in settings where a single unit (a state, country, firm, etc.) is exposed to an event or intervention. It provides a data-driven procedure to construct synthetic control units based on a weighted combination of comparison units that approximates the characteristics of the unit that is exposed to the intervention. A combination of comparison units often provides a better comparison for the unit exposed to the intervention than any comparison unit alone.
- Jens Hainmueller <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Alexis Diamond <email@example.com>
- Date of publication
- 2014-01-27 00:37:42
- Jens Hainmueller <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPL (>= 2)
- Panel Data from Spanish Regions to demonstrate the use of the...
- Collect results from optimx optimization methods
- Constructs a list of matrices from panel dataset to be loaded...
- Loss Function for nested optimization of W and V weights
- Plots Gap in Outcome Trajectories between the Treated its...
- Plots Outcome Trajectories for Treated Unit and its Synthetic...
- Special Predictor Function for Dataprep
- Constructs synthetic control units for comparative case...
- Panel Data to demonstrate the use of the Synthetic Control...
- Creates Tables that Summarize Results of Synthetic Control...
Files in this package