VWPre: Tools for Preprocessing Visual World Data
Gaze data from the Visual World Paradigm requires significant preprocessing prior to plotting and analyzing the data. This package provides functions for preparing visual world eye-tracking data for statistical analysis and plotting. It can prepare data for linear analyses (e.g., ANOVA, Gaussian-family LMER, Gaussian-family GAMM) as well as logistic analyses (e.g., binomial-family LMER and binomial-family GAMM). Additionally, it contains various plotting functions for creating grand average and conditional average plots. See the vignette for samples of the functionality. Currently, the functions in this package are designed for handling data collected with SR Research Eyelink eye trackers using Sample Reports created in SR Research Data Viewer. While we would like to add functionality for data collected with other systems in the future, the current package is considered to be feature-complete and will shortly enter maintenance mode.
- Vincent Porretta [aut, cre], Aki-Juhani Kyröläinen [aut], Jacolien van Rij [ctb], Juhani Järvikivi [ctb]
- Date of publication
- 2016-11-25 19:48:04
- Vincent Porretta <email@example.com>
- GPL (>= 2)
- Aligns samples to a specific message.
- Bins the sample data and calculates proportion looks by...
- Check which eyes were recorded during the experiment
- Check the interest area IDs and labels
- Check the time value(s) at a specific message
- Check the number of samples in each bin
- Determine the sampling rate present in the data
- Check the new time series
- Creates a success/failure column for each IA based on counts.
- Create a time series column
- Map gaze data to newly defined interest areas
- Determine downsampling options based on current sampling rate
- Fast-track basic preprocessing
- Plots average looks to interest areas.
- Plots average contour surface of looks to a given interest...
- Plots average difference between looks to interest areas.
- Plots diagnostic average plots of subjects/items.
- Plots diagnostic plots of the empirical logit transformation.
- Plots diagnostic plots of subject/item variance.
- Check the classes of specific columns and re-assigns as...
- Recode interest area IDs and/or interest area labels
- Relabel samples containing 'NA' as outside any interest area
- Rename default column names for interest areas.
- Select the eye used during recording
- Transforms proportion looks to empirical logits.
- This is a sample eye-tracking dataset included in the package
- VWPre: Tools for Preprocessing Visual World Data.
Files in this package