- gpk: 100 Data Sets for Statistics Education
- Bamboolife: Preparing a life table for the Bamboo plant
Preparing a life table for the Bamboo plant
Bamboo is a peculiar plant. Individual plant is a cluster (called clump) of shoots called culms. A clump has a long life of about 40 years and produces seeds in super abundance only once, at the end of life. Further all bamboo clumps in a region develop flowers and seeds together and die together at the same time. There is no variation in age at death. However, there is variation in the lifespan of individual culms. Data is on survival of 439 culms of bamboo (Dendrocalamus strictus).
A data frame with 16 observations on the following 2 variables.
Age in years
Number of survivors
Life tables is suggested for the current data set.
Want to suggest features or report bugs for rdrr.io? Use the GitHub issue tracker.
- AIDS: AIDS Data Set
- AirPollution: Air Pollution Data
- AizawlCancer: Sex-wise differences in cancer types
- Allergy: Allergy Data Set
- Asthma1: Testing Effect of Curcuma Longa
- Asthma2: Testing effect of treatment on milk induced Eosinophilia in...
- Asthma3: Effect of curcuma longa on de-granulation of mast cells in...
- Asthma4: Testing effect of Curcuma longa on paw inflammation in rats
- atombomb: Cancer deaths of atomic bomb survivors
- Bacteria: A multi-factorial experiment on the bacteria growth in the...
- BambooGrowth: Data set relating growth of bamboo to geographic location
- Bamboolife: Preparing a life table for the Bamboo plant
- Bananabats: The Bat Census data
- BANK: Bank Churn data set
- Barleyheight: Comparison of genotypes and checking time trend
- Batcapture: Understanding seasonality and species composition of bat...
- BatGroup: Fitting distributions to the bat group size data
- Batrecapture: Fitting a model to bat recapture data
- Biodegradation: Biodegradation of Dimethoate in Industrial Effluents by...
- birdextinct: Bird extinct at a national park
- BirthDeath: Changes in Human birth and death rates in India over the 20th...
- BPSYS: Two drug comparison
- Butterflies: Study of distribution of butterfly species count among 5...
- Chitalparasite: Understanding the correlation of occurrence of a parasite
- cloudseed: Cloud Seeding
- Cosmetic1: Testing efficacy of a cosmetic product
- COWSDATA: Crossbreeding of Cows
- Crack: Healing the heel
- Crime: Relation between crime and intelligence
- DroughtStress: Modeling Genotypic variation in photosynthetic competence of...
- Dunglife: Dung decay data
- Earthquake: Modeling earthquake aftershocks
- Earthwormbiomass: Earthworms in cultivated soils
- EarthwormSeason: Population dynamics of earthworms
- elephant: Age and mating success for Elephants
- Euphorbiaceae: Relationship between tree height and girth of Euphorbiaceae
- Extruder: Understanding effect of manufacturing conditions on product...
- Fairness: Comparison of formulations and sample size determination of a...
- FAMILY: Understand relationship between height of parents and child
- Filariasisage: Infection among Filariasis
- FilariasisSex: Sex related prevalence in human filariasis
- Filariasistype: Filariasis and different parasites causing it
- Fish: Fish species interaction
- fishtoxin: Toxicity effect on fish
- Frogfood: Study of growth and food preference over age in frogs
- Frogmating: Relation between body size and number of mates for the frogs
- Frog_survival: Fitting Ricker curve to frog survival data
- GDS: Modeling Trends in Gross Domestic Savings
- Geometricbirds: Rank abundance distribution of bird species
- gpk-package: 100 Data Sets for Statistics Education
- Heart: Comparison of Test drug with Placebo for Heart Attack
- Highjump: Guessing the gold medal score for 2004 Olympics
- hundredmrun: Guessing the gold medal score for 2004 Olympics
- IMR: Changes in Infant mortality over last century across...
- IOCSharePrice: Modeling share price series of IOC
- IslandSpArea: Species area relationship
- Ivoryweight: Trends in illegal ivory trade
- Lognormalbirds: Species abundance distribution
- Logseriesbirds: Species abundance distribution
- Loops: Loops of the finger prints
- Lung: Smoking and Lung capacity study
- magazine: Time trends in authorship distribution
- Mammals: Birth weight and brain size of mammals
- mammalsize: Correlates of brain size for the mammals
- Mice: Protein intake and lifespan of mice
- Microgrow: Fit sigmoidal model to bacterial growth
- Mimosaceae: Relationship between tree height and girth
- moth: Natural selection
- OralCancer: Comparison of two chemotherapy treatments for oral cancer
- Plaque: Studying effect of toothpaste on plaque accumulation
- Plastic: Seasonality in sales of plastic granules
- Poliocases: The number of polio cases
- Preserve: Predicting fungal growth
- Production: Quality control for examining consistency in weight
- Pureforsure: Detection of adulteration
- Rabbit: Relating Foot length to Body mass
- Rat: Study of rat burrow architecture
- RiceWheat: Modeling Rice and Wheat production
- salamander: Habitat preference of salamander
- Sheeplife: Fitting probability distribution to life data of Sheeps
- SholapurWeather: Has the weather in Sholapur changed over 3 decades?
- Sorghumheight: Modeling sorghum plant growth
- SpaccHerb: Species accumulation curve
- SpaccShrubs: Species accumulation curve
- Spaceshuttle: Modeling Space shuttle O-ring failure data
- Spareabirds: Species area curve
- StemDensity: Vegetation types and tree density
- TeethNormal: Modeling indicators of dental health
- Tiger7: Identification of individual tigers from pugmarks
- TigerIdentity: Tiger census using scat samples
- Timber: Genetic and environmental components of tree characteristics
- Valvefailure: Valve characteristics and numbers of failures in a nuclear...
- Waterquality: Water quality analysis using clustering
- widowbird: Mate selection by females