mdpeer: Graph-Constrained Regression with Enhanced Regularization Parameters Selection
Performs graph-constrained regularization in which regularization parameters are selected with the use of a known fact of equivalence between penalized regression and Linear Mixed Model solutions. Provides implementation of three different regression methods where graph-constraints among coefficients are accounted for. 'crPEER' (Partially Empirical Eigenvectors for Regression with Constant Ridge, Constant Ridge PEER) method utilizes additional Ridge term to handle the non-invertibility of a graph Laplacian matrix. 'vrPEER' (Variable Reduction PEER) method performs variable-reduction procedure to handle the non-invertibility of a graph Laplacian matrix. Finally, 'RidgePEER' method employs a penalty term being a linear combination of graph-originated and Ridge-originated penalty terms, whose two regularization parameters are ML estimators from corresponding Linear Mixed Model solution. Notably, in 'RidgePEER' method a graph-originated penalty term allows imposing similarity between coefficients based on graph information given whereas additional Ridge-originated penalty term facilitates parameters estimation: it reduces computational issues arising from singularity in a graph-originated penalty matrix and yields plausible results in situations when graph information is not informative or when it is unclear whether connectivities represented by a graph reflect similarities among corresponding coefficients.
- Marta Karas [aut, cre], Damian Brzyski [ctb], Jaroslaw Harezlak [ctb]
- Date of publication
- 2016-11-25 19:48:06
- Marta Karas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Compute a graph Laplacian matrix from a graph Adjacency...
- Graph-constrained regression with additional Ridge term to...
- Transform Distance matrix to Similarity matrix
- Compute normalized version of a graph Laplcian matrix
- mdpeer: Performs graph-constrained regression with enhanced...
- Graph-constrained estimation with enhanced regulariazation...
- Graph-constrained estimation with regulariazation parameter...
- Visualize matrix data in a form of a heatmap
- Graph-constrained regression with variable-reduction...
Files in this package