Create Map of ICD-9-CM to Revised Cardiac Risk Index classes
Function to generate data frame that links ICD-9-CM codes to the RCRI comorbidity categories.
a unique character vector of ICD-9-CM codes
Lee et al in 1999 published a "Revised Cardiac Risk Index" based on the work on Goldman in 1997. The RCRI is used to determine the major cardiac complication risk for a patient about to undergo major noncardiac surgery. The six predictors that make up the RCRI are: 1. high-risk surgery 2. history of ischemic heart disease 3. history of congestive heart failure 4. history of cerebrovascular disease 5. preoperative treatment with insulin 6. preoperative serum creatinine with Cr > 2 mg/dL.
In 2005 Boersma et al demonstrated that the Lee indexed can be adapted to use administrative data to predict cardiovascular mortality. They used the following for each point above: 1. retroperitoneal, intrathoracic, or suprainguinal vascular procedure; 2. Ischemia: ICD-9 codes 410.*, 411.*, 412.*, 413.*, 414.*; 3. CVA: ICD-9 428.*; 4. CHF: ICD-9 943.0; 5. DM: ICD-9 425.0; 6. Renal: ICD-9 958.0.
This function merges the ICD-9 guidelines
used by Boersma with some of the other ICD-9 classifiers in this package.
This data set uses the following for each aspect of the RCRI:
1. procedure is left to you
2. 'ischemia' as defined in Boersma
3. 'cvd' as defined by Quan in
4. 'chf' as defined by AHRQ in
5. 'dm' as defined by AHRQ (both 'dm' and 'dmcx')
6. renlfail' as defined by AHRQ.
A data frame, with ICD9 codes as row names and logical columns for
1. Lee TH, Marcantonio ER, Mangione CM, Thomas EJ, Polanczyk CA, Cook EF, Sugarbaker DJ, Donaldson MC, Poss R, Ho KK, Ludwig LE, Pedan A, Goldman L: Derivation and prospective validation of a simple index for prediction of cardiac risk of major noncardiac surgery. Circulation 1999; 100:1043-9 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10477528
2. Boersma E, Kertai MD, Schouten O, Bax JJ, Noordzij P, Steyerberg EW, Schinkel AFL, Santen M van, Simoons ML, Thomson IR, Klein J, Urk H van, Poldermans D: Perioperative cardiovascular mortality in noncardiac surgery: validation of the Lee cardiac risk index. The American journal of medicine 2005; 118:1134-41 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16194645
Want to suggest features or report bugs for rdrr.io? Use the GitHub issue tracker.