seas: Seasonal analysis and graphics, especially for climatology
Capable of deriving seasonal statistics, such as "normals", and analysis of seasonal data, such as departures. This package also has graphics capabilities for representing seasonal data, including boxplots for seasonal parameters, and bars for summed normals. There are many specific functions related to climatology, including precipitation normals, temperature normals, cumulative precipitation departures and precipitation interarrivals. However, this package is designed to represent any time-varying parameter with a discernible seasonal signal, such as found in hydrology and ecology.
- Mike Toews
- Date of publication
- 2014-02-26 10:20:40
- Mike Toews <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- GPL (>= 2)
- MSC daily climate data file (DLY archive format) and...
- Find seasonal and annual changes between two data sets
- Converts a data.frame using a 365-day calendar to a Gregorian...
- Homogenize daily data sets
- Get station name
- Return title and properties for seasonal graphs
- Show a seasonal sum data object
- Calculate the interarrivals between and within precipitation...
- Read and write data from LARS-WG file formats
- Make annum from a date
- Make a date into a seasonal factor
- Make a subset of seasonal data
- Meteorological Service of Canada sample climate data
- Meteorological Service of Canada station information
- Plot interarrivals for precipitation
- Plot seasonal normal of a variable, including precipitation...
- Plot boxplots of normalized seasonal sums
- Cumulative precipitation departure
- Read a MSC archive file into a data.frame
- Read and write from SDSM
- Check the suitability of a data.frame, or seas.sum for seas
- Calculate annual and seasonal 'normal' statistics, including...
- Options for seas
- Seasonal statistics: the 'seas' package for R
- Seasonal sum data object
- Plot seasonal temperature normals
- Plot seasonal normals of a given variable
- Example LARS-WG data file of synthetic data from Summerland,...
- Write climate data in the format used by the HELP model
- Calculate the number of days in a year
- Plot annual temperature and precipitation statistics
Files in this package