Deprecated Functions in Package methods
These functions are provided for compatibility with older versions of R only, and may be defunct as soon as the next release.
The original help page for these functions is often
help("oldName-deprecated") (note the quotes).
Functions in packages other than the methods package are listed in
- as: Force an Object to Belong to a Class
- BasicClasses: Classes Corresponding to Basic Data Types
- callGeneric: Call the Current Generic Function from a Method
- canCoerce: Can an Object be Coerced to a Certain S4 Class?
- cbind2: Combine two Objects by Columns or Rows
- Classes: Class Definitions
- classesToAM: Compute an Adjacency Matrix for Superclasses of Class...
- className: Class names including the corresponding package
- classRepresentation-class: Class Objects
- Documentation: Using and Creating On-line Documentation for Classes and...
- dotsMethods: The Use of '...' in Method Signatures
- EmptyMethodsList-class: Internal Class representing Empty Methods List
- EnvironmentClass: Class '"environment"'
- evalSource: Use Function Definitions from a Source File without...
- findClass: Computations with Classes
- findMethods: Description of the Methods Defined for a Generic Function
- fixPrevious: Fix Objects Saved from R Versions Previous to 1.8
- genericFunction-class: Generic Function Objects
- GenericFunctions: Tools for Managing Generic Functions
- getClass: Get Class Definition
- getMethod: Get or Test for the Definition of a Method
- getPackageName: The Name associated with a Given Package
- hasArg: Look for an Argument in the Call
- implicitGeneric: Manage Implicit Versions of Generic Functions
- inheritedSlotNames: Names of Slots Inherited From a Super Class
- initialize-methods: Methods to Initialize New Objects from a Class
- is: Is an Object from a Class?
- isSealedMethod: Check for a Sealed Method or Class
- LanguageClasses: Classes to Represent Unevaluated Language Objects
- languageEl: Elements of Language Objects
- LinearMethodsList-class: Class "LinearMethodsList"
- localRefClass: Localized Objects based on Reference Classes
- MethodDefinition-class: Classes to Represent Method Definitions
- Methods: General Information on Methods
- methods-defunct: Defunct Functions in Package 'methods'
- methods-deprecated: Deprecated Functions in Package 'methods'
- method.skeleton: Create a Skeleton File for a New Method
- MethodsList: MethodsList Objects
- MethodsList-class: Class MethodsList, Defunct Representation of Methods
- methods-package: Formal Methods and Classes
- MethodSupport: Additional (Support) Functions for Methods
- methodUtilities: Utility Functions for Methods and S-Plus Compatibility
- MethodWithNext-class: Class MethodWithNext
- new: Generate an Object from a Class
- NextMethod: Call an Inherited Method
- nonStructure-class: A non-structure S4 Class for basic types
- ObjectsWithPackage-class: A Vector of Object Names, with associated Package Names
- promptClass: Generate a Shell for Documentation of a Formal Class
- promptMethods: Generate a Shell for Documentation of Formal Methods
- RClassUtils: Utilities for Managing Class Definitions
- refClass: Objects With Fields Treated by Reference (OOP-style)
- representation: Construct a Representation or a Prototype for a Class...
- RMethodUtils: Method Utilities
- S3Part: S3-style Objects and S4-class Objects
- S4groupGeneric: S4 Group Generic Functions
- SClassExtension-class: Class to Represent Inheritance (Extension) Relations
- selectSuperClasses: Super Classes (of Specific Kinds) of a Class
- setClass: Create a Class Definition
- setClassUnion: Classes Defined as the Union of Other Classes
- setGeneric: Define a New Generic Function
- setLoadActions: Set Actions For Package Loading
- setMethod: Create and Save a Method
- setOldClass: Register Old-Style (S3) Classes and Inheritance
- setSClass: Create a Class Definition
- show: Show an Object
- showMethods: Show all the methods for the specified function(s) or class
- signature-class: Class '"signature"' For Method Definitions
- slot: The Slots in an Object from a Formal Class
- stdRefClass: Class '"envRefClass"'
- StructureClasses: Classes Corresponding to Basic Structures
- substituteDirect: SubstituteDirect
- testInheritedMethods: Test for and Report about Selection of Inherited Methods
- TraceClasses: Classes Used Internally to Control Tracing
- validObject: Test the Validity of an Object
- zBasicFunsList: List of Builtin and Special Functions